When it comes to taking my makeup off at the end of the day, there is no in-between: I either double cleanse and follow with 8 products or I just use a face wipe. Shame on me, I know. But some nights, I’m just too tired to go through the whole process.
Taking your makeup off in the evening should be a pleasurable activity, you’re “me” time in the evening.
The market has a big variety of products to help you “take your face off” after a long day.
Here’s a list of the the different options out there:
- Face Wipes: for when you don’t have much time and just want to get the job done. Not the best to achieve a makeup free face
- Cleansing Balm: super soft and gentle, great for sensitive or acne prone skins.
- Oil: similar to the balm, the softness of the oil guarantees no irritation to the skin
- Foam: Best for oily skin type ladies, as it can dry out the skin
- Lotion: Best for dry skins, as it hydrates at the same time as it removes the impurities
- Micellar water: mostly used as a tonic, but great as a makeup remover too. However it will take you a lot of cotton pads if you wear high coverage foundation
As much as possible, you should try to use two of these products combined every time – called the double cleanse – so you really make sure your face is makeup free before you call it a day.
What about you – which of these type of products is your favorite?