Eating healthy has never been so fashionable as nowadays and that’s great. Açaí bowls, green smoothies and granola have become the holy grails of those that want to have a healthy lifestyle and look good while doing it.
Smoothies have been front and center in this healthy lifestyle choice. Not only do they look aesthetically gorgeous, they are actually easy to make, jam-packed with nutrientes and quite tasty too!
Seriously, if you have never posted a picture of your perfect smoothie bowl by now, then you are out of the influencers list. I’ve heard its actually illegal to go to eat healthy and not instagram the amazing food.
A smoothie bowl is simply thicker than a regular drinkable smoothie and can be topped off with super foods or fruits.
So, here are the most loved super foods and their benefits:
- Açaí: Contains antioxidants (which helps prevent the damaging effects of oxidation on cells), fiber (important for the digestive system) and heart-healthy fats.
- Matcha: Rich in antioxidants and may boost your metabolism during moderate-intensity exercise.
- Chia seeds: Loaded with fiber, protein and Omega-3, which lowers the risk of heart disease and depression.
- Flaxseed: Contais Omega-3 essential fatty acids well.
- Brewer’s yeast: Rich source of chromium, which helps your body maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric: Powerful anti-inflammatory and also very strong antioxidant
You can mix all of these with yogurt, cereals, on top of your smoothie, on your fruit bowl or even soups.
What about you – have you ever tried any of these super foods yourself?