The bloggers and YouTubers of this world have become strong influencers and have shaped the way PR and media agencies work.
If you think 5, 10 years back, celebrities were the main sponsor and face of a makeup line or hair product. They would be featured across the more traditional media, like TV and print and they would help sell the product, just by being a famous person we all aspired to be.
Nowadays, thanks to the boom of digital, social media and individual content producers, YouTube, Instagram and Blogs have become the main channels millenials like me use to consume media and get inspired, thus our main channel of influence. It’s common for beauty gurus only know to some niches of young people to become the face of big companies and even collaborate on products. Specially in the States and in the UK the brands are tapping more and more into this territory, as they know you are more likely to buy a product if recommended and endorsed by your beauty guru of choice.
Being a millenial myself (even if a late one) and consuming more YouTube than I do TV, I have been virtually influenced to purchase quite a few items. And I must say, I don’t regret any of them. They all deliver on what they promise and have become staples on my beauty and makeup routine.
Here are the top 6 on my list:
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil is a retinol serum to use overnight, that improves the skin appearance over time and fights early wrinkles. The blue tone makes it pretty cool too!
- Magic Cream by Charlotte Tilbury is an ingredient rich moisturizer that you can use mornings and evenings. This is one of Charlotte’s top selling products and I can understand why. It’s rich texture and vitamin fullness has truly transformed my sensitive skin.
- Too Faced Born This Way foundation is a medium to high coverage foundation that fools others to think your skin is truly that amazing! I am already on my second one and that says a lot for a foundation.
- Ruby Woo lipstick by MAC is the perfect red shade for every skin color. Long lasting, super pigmented….do I need to say more?
- Hoola Bronzer by Benefit doubles as a bronzer and a contour powder. Perfect for fair skins like mine.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in any color! These are pigmented but not too much, so you can go ahead and add some blush to your face without fearing you’ll get the clown look. The color range is quite impressive, so you are guaranteed to find a color you like.
What about you – have you ever been influenced by a blogger into buying something?