If you ever wonder how some of our favorite influencers put so cool eye-catching colorful outfits together and still manage to look fabulous, then keep on reading.
Combining colors in clothes is not an exact science but there are definitely some rules that help you know which colors look best with one another.
There’s one essential you should print and have next to your closet that will answer all your doubts: a color wheel.
- Complimentary colors: Complimentary means opposite and opposite in this case means they will look great together. How do you find a complimentary color? Just find its opposite side on the color wheel. They should be at the same distance from the center of the wheel. For instance green with mauve.
- Different shades of the same color or similar colors almost always look good together. An exemple of this is the fashionable red and pink.
- Colors directly next to each other, like violet and blue.
- Colors that form a 90 degree angle with each other, like green and orange.
- Neutrals: Don’t Forget white, black and denim blue goes with pretty much anything.
What about you – how do you combine the colors of your clothes?